Newtimber Holiday Cottages
Terms and Conditions
Orchard Cottage, 1 & 2 Moatside Cottages Terms & Conditions Formation of the Contract & Definitions
1. The booking of Orchard Cottage, 1 or 2 Moatside Cottages Newtimber Place Lane BN6 9BU (“the Cottage”) is a legally binding contract for hiring the Cottage for the period specified on the booking summary (“ the holiday period”). You should only enter the contract if you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
2. The contract is between Redhouse Farm Partners ("the Owner") and the person who has submitted the booking form ("the Party Leader"). References to 'we' 'our' refer to the Owner and Agent(s) and references to 'you', 'your' refer to the Party Leader and his or her party.
3. The Party Leader must be over 18 years of age. Bookings from persons under this age cannot be accepted.
4. By making a booking, the Party Leader is making an offer. This offer creates a “provisional booking” but no contract is created until such time as: a) The deposit (or, in the case of a booking less than 42 days before the start of the holiday, the full amount) has been paid by the Party Leader and received by us; AND b) We have notified the Party Leader (by e-mail or otherwise in writing) that the booking is accepted.
5. Upon fulfilment of conditions (a) and (b) above, the contract will be formed and the booking will become a “confirmed booking”.
6. In the event that we do not accept the proposed booking, we will notify the Party Leader (by e-mail or otherwise in writing) and the Owner will refund in full to the Party Leader any monies (whether by way of deposit and/or the full amount) already paid by the Party Leader.
7. The Cottage is hired for a holiday only. No tenancy is created.
8. At the time of booking, the Party Leader shall pay to the Owner a deposit representing 30% of the full cost of the holiday.
9. The balance shall be paid by the Party Leader to the Owner at least 6 weeks (42 days) prior the start of the holiday period. If the balance is not paid and we are unable to contact you, it will be assumed that you wish to cancel your holiday and the booking will be treated as a cancellation by the Party Leader.
10. In the event that a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the selected start date, the full cost of the holiday shall be payable at the time of booking.
Special Covid-19 Conditions:
If UK government public health measures mean you are not allowed to travel to the cottage or we have to cancel your booking due to Covid-19 - because previous guests have contracted it or we or our cleaners have it or are in quarantine or we are forced by authorities to close - then we will refund you the cost of your booking in full and this will be the limit of our liabilities to you.
If you are unable to come because you have Covid-19 or are require to quarantine, we will refund you for your cost of your booking less £30 administration fee.
Cancellation by the Owner (non-Covid-19):
11.We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this were not possible or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Except in exceptional circumstances, our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Cancellation by the Party Leader (non-Covid19):
12) If you need to cancel your booking the Party Leader must contact us as soon as possible. We will acknowledge receipt by return. Please do not consider your booking cancelled until you receive our confirmation.
If we manage to re-let the property for the same price, we will refund you what you have already paid less £30 to cover our costs.
If we do not manage to re-let the property, the following cancellation charges apply:-
more than 6 weeks notice - your deposit
less than 6 weeks notice - 80% of the total cost
on arrival date or later - 100% of the total cost
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you to take out cancellation insurance to protect you against possible loss
13. You agree to be bound by the following specific obligations: a) No Smoking: There is a strict no smoking policy at the Cottage. b) No pets (except guide dogs) are permitted at the Cottage. c) You shall not exceed the maximum number of people permitted to stay at the Cottage d) You shall not share the Cottage with anyone not nominated on the booking form; e) You shall nor sublet the Cottage or assign the booking to anyone else.
14. If you don't comply with the above conditions (in clause 13), then the holiday contract will be cancelled immediately and you will forthwith vacate the Cottage and no refund or compensation will be payable to you.
Arrival & Departure:
15. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with us: a) the Cottage will be ready for occupation from 5.00 pm onwards on the specified day of arrival; b) You shall vacate the Cottage by 10.00 am on the specified day of departure.
16. On departure, you should leave the Cottage in a clean and tidy condition .
Loss & Damage:
17. The Owner shall not be liable to the Party Leader or any member of their party or visitors for any accident, loss or damage to such persons or their property howsoever caused.
18. It is accepted that accidents do occur and that there may be small breakages during the course of your stay. However, if there are large or unreasonable breakages or damage to the property or its contents the cost of these will need to be met by the holiday maker prior to departure. The Party Leader does need to report any breakage immediately so replacements can be made.
19. We shall have the right of entry to the Property at all reasonable times (except in an emergency where immediate access may be required) to a) to attend to any matter of complaint; b) to attend to any repair or other maintenance; c) mow the lawn/tend the garden; d) for quality inspections, meter reads etc.
The holiday price will include all charges for water, sewage, electricity, oil, towels, linen and fitted sheet and blanket for the travel cot. If the telephone in the property is used, the Party Leader will reimburse the Owner the cost of the calls. If you are going to be making expensive phone calls, you must let us know in advance as we reserve the right to enter the property and disconnect the phone if the cost of these calls is excessive and payment is not made immediately.
21 Right to Evict
We reserve the right to evict you (without compensation being payable to you) if this is deemed necessary by us; for example, should complaints be made of anti social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed or the Cottage is being otherwise misused or there is a material breach by you of the Agreement.
Every reasonable care will be taken to make sure that you have an enjoyable holiday.. Should you find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, you should immediately make this known to us so that it can be put right. We will not normally make any refunds in respect of complaints made after your departure from the Cottage if you did not make the complaint or the problem known to us during the holiday. A visitor’s book is available in the Cottage for comments on your holiday.
23. The Contract will be subject to British law and jurisdiction.
Redhouse Farm Partners:
Partners: Andrew Clay, Carol Clay, Newtimber Estate Ltd
Newtimber Place, Newtimber Place Lane, Newtimber, Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9BU. Telephone 01273-833104.